NEW TESTIMONIAL 27/02/2012
Hi guys i have just finished assembling a GM3818 Garden Master shed and floor. It was so easy to put together and the drill bit supplied is good quality and made the job so much easier everything just fell into place i had a ball with the construction.
I found out about your sheds when i went to placemakers here in Timaru and they were most helpful. The people there are tops, they called when the shed arrived and when i went to pick it up the guy loaded it onto the trailer for me.
As to your instructions they are great thanks to the DVD supplied it made construction a breeze. The shed is exactly what i wanted and my wife has already got plans for using it and wants me to build another one?? well maybe one day. Thanks Garden Master.
RB – Timaru
The note has been a while in the preparation, as I assembled the shed in evenings between work and social commitments.
I have to state that I am really pleased with the end result, in fact even proud of the shed.
1) Finding out about Garden Master Sheds and the various options?
Yolande at Waikato shed company, provided details sizes, costs, optional additions – she is awesome, with very prompt communication, accurate responses and has very good understanding of your products
2) The Store and the sales person that I purchased from?
3) The delivery and the overall dealings for the purchase of your shed?
The delivery was faster than I expected, the shed arrived nicely packed and undamaged.
4) The assembly of your shed and the clarity of the instructions?
The paper check list was spot on, nice and concise. The Dvd also shows 99% of the assembly nicely, I assembled my first panel, thankfully it was one of the two portions of the gabled roof that requires channels to be fitted top & bottom as well as the L ‘s to the edges. This made me aware that I had missed a critical assembly instruction, to start riveting the two ends of the panels. A phone call to Garden Master the next day clarified what I had overlooked and you even posted some more rivets to ensure I was not short to finish the shed. (thanks Peter, also very helpful)
5) Did the shed fit your needs?
The shed fits my intended location, size shape dual doors fit so very nicely, the sky light does it’s job well – it’s a real beaut. The shed is nice and dry as the previous one on the site was rather damp, this greatly pleases me.
6) What will you order differently next time?
Possibly add a optional T handle door latch, otherwise I think that this shed worked out real good, if I ever need another shed it will be a Garden Master for certain.
The shed components are precise and fitted together well, the finished product seems very strong and I feel certain it will last for many years.
I watched all the sections on the DVD prior to starting the build of the shed and the music really got my wife irritated with the repetitive beat.
The recommendation to use gloves proved to be a real good tip and I found it improved my handling of the materials greatly.
My son helped me fit the finished panels together, he has worked in the roofing industry for a few years and recommended a small dab of neutral cure silicon on each roof rivet (wiping off the excess with a paper towel) to stop water pooling in the rivet and eventually causing it to rust out, this seems logical and I have done this. Maybe a tip to share ?
Toward the completion of the job the little double ended drill bit got quite dull at both ends, which consequently caused me to push the drill a little harder than I ought, resulting in little circular shinny rings where the drill chuck came up against the panel – I have yet to investigate if / where touch up paint in the iron sand colour can be obtained, unfortunately the rivet does not completely cover these marks of my creation. This leads me to my next tip, I used a hollow punch to cut a small disk of high density foam rubber and the drilled through this and left it on the bit against the chuck to protect the work, this did the trick nicely & I wished I had thought of it sooner in the process.
I trust this feedback is useful and offers a positive spin on what has been a fun and rewarding project for me.
DF from Hamilton
- The instructions were great – and yay for the DVD! Our shed is looking pretty sturdy out there on it’s nice wooden floor – BE from Rotorua
- Shed fits needs perfectly and more than happy with the design – MP from Cromwell
- I like the way that your shed codes match the size. SO EASY! GD – Dunedin
- Again nice shed guys, well done. TO – Blenheim
- One happy customer – my tools are out of the weather. HM – Tokoroa
- We’re very happy with our shed now that it’s up, thank you. JS – Lower Hutt
- All up, a really easy shed to put up and great to use. I will certainly be recommending to other people. A really good product. ST – Dunedin
- I think the packing is amazing. I wonder if I will one day need a third shed! Thank you for you excellent product. JH – Kirwee, Canterbury
- I’m very happy with the sheds, they went up quickly once the floor was constructed and as the floors are level and square there were no “adjustments” required. MH – Hamilton
The shed does look good in the space we have put it in and is a good size for our needs. PN – Kumeu
- We were impressed with the prompt delivery and friendly service and we had no problems putting the shed together. Everything fitted together easily making a fantastic shed. – PM – Turangi
- My wife made lots of enquiries prior to ordering the shed and always found staff great to deal with. AP – Auckland
- I was told it would be a couple of days and it arrived on time. I found the assembly easy and the instructions easy to follow. Nice to be able to buy New Zealand made! DW – Papamoa
- I was impressed with the full array of sheds and the knowledge displayed when I asked questions. The shed was well constructed and drilling and riveting was an absolute breeze. I am very happy with the shed – the look, the light I get through the nova roof panel and the space. TM – Havelock North
- It did fit my needs and was a very good price for what I got. I will be interested in looking at some further accessories for the shed. Looking forward to that part! AM – Queenstown
- I am very happy with all aspects of the shed, the service, esp. the paint and have no hesitation in recommending your product. NC – Nelson
- Would definitely buy another of your sheds if needed in the future. RH – Tauranga
- I would highly recommend your sheds and would purchase again and it is just the perfect size for out in the paddock for a few of my TOYS! MW – Blenheim
- Would I recommend your sheds to my friends? Yes! PA – Cambridge
- I am really happy with my shed and the colour scheme of Karaka and Mist Green looks great. PJ – Motueka
- Ideal for what I need it for and looks good in blue, would order a larger one next time to hide more stuff. PG – Gore
- I would have no problem purchasing another, price is competitive.
All in all 10 out of 10. RA – Picton
- A great looking shed. RT – Auckland
- Thanks again for providing a great range of options. AW – Papakura
- The finished shed is ideal for my purposes and the colour scheme great. CT – Christchurch
- I’m very pleased with the shed. My wife tells me that I’m going to have to purchase another 3818 for the garden tools etc.AL – Turangi (Taupo?)
- Very nice shed, in the colours that we wanted. AF – Whangamata
- It’s one of your smallest sheds but perfect for my job. BC – Oamaru
- A quick note to say thank you for really good service. RF – Henderson
- I would like another shed the same as i really like the style of your sheds. JS – Gore